Yet, within the world of CBD, there are many things to be determined for certain, like whether CBD will actually help you sleep or make you drowsy. That’s why some people choose to take CBD for sleep, and some don’t. Read more: What’s the Best Way to Use CBD?
Yes, drowsiness and sleepiness are different, and here’s why:
- Sleepiness is the feeling you feel when you’re ready to get comfy in your bed and go to sleep. It usually doesn’t happen when it’s not around your normal bedtime, and it goes away once you sleep.
- Drowsiness is when you simply can’t keep your eyes open or concentrate on the tasks in front of you. People who feel drowsy can experience unexpected sleeping spells or overall fatigue throughout the day. However, drowsiness can remain after sleeping too.
Can CBD help you sleep?
Some people have said that CBD does indeed help them sleep, and we’ve also experienced increased relaxation when we take CBD oil after training sessions. This doesn’t mean that CBD is a sleep aid – it’s just our experience!
The natural feeling experienced after cooling off from an intense workout is sleepiness and relaxation. CBD could potentially accentuate this feeling, and help you doze off much more easily.
However, if you are experiencing bad sleep, it’s best you talk to your general practitioner and make sure you’re on-track with your mental and physical health. That way, you can get the proper care if you need it.
With that said, we encourage you to take a look at the CBD options available to you so you can test it out for yourself. We recommend sticking to natural ingredients with botanical extracts such as lavender oil to help you sleep even better.
Does CBD Make You Drowsy?
CBD does not appear to make people drowsy. Of course, this is based on experiences we’ve had personally, have seen, or have heard about through our site. The majority of people seem to take well to CBD, and it doesn’t seem to cause drowsiness when dosed properly.
Why is this important? Well, if you are curious about trying CBD to help with your waking life, chances are you don’t want to be drowsy while experiencing its other effects. And, even more importantly, it can be dangerous to exert a lot of physical effort while drowsy. Athleticism or even just being active takes being alert, and focused – the opposite of drowsy, really.
CBD Oil for Sleep: The Takeaways
Though some early studies indicate that CBD oil may support sleep, there is not enough evidence to support this claim. However, it doesn’t mean that it won’t help you sleep or feel more relaxed after you take a CBD supplement. It all comes down to your personal experience.
If you decide to take a CBD product to aid your sleep, there are a few additional steps you can take to improve your experience:
- Contact a healthcare professional to discuss how a CBD supplement can help you personally, attending to your personal health and medical record.
- When picking a CBD oil product, always read the product information to ensure all the ingredients are high-quality natural components, without any additional chemicals.
- Pay special attention to your CBD oil dosage. If CBD makes you feel drowsy the first time you take it, it might be the case that you’re taking too much CBD. A good rule of thumb is to start small and slowly increase your CBD dosage gradually. This is generally good advice for any supplement you take for the first time.
- Keep records of your daily dosage and how it makes you feel (including if your symptoms have improved or if you have any side effects). By doing this, you will be able to know if CBD truly helps your sleep over time. Moreover, this simple task can help you tweak your CBD dosage more easily.
To learn more about CBD and its benefits, check out our CBD blog.